After a too long absence from this blog, I’m gloriously marking the end of my 2-year trainee program here at Statkraft by delivering my top 10 trainee moments from these years, before starting to work as a “real” employee in the company. Thank you Statkraft for two years filled with all kinds of fun and challenging moments. And without further ado – enjoy!
(No individual order of moments, apart from the last which is an undebatable #1.)
- Meeting this gang. This photo is from the first day at Statkraft together with my great and very international trainee group. From left: Jessica (US), Martin (Sweden), Sascha (Germany), me (Sweden) and Cihan (Turkey).
- Seeing Statkraft’s trimgruppa (Norwegian for “workout group”) at 7am every Friday morning exercising outside the office. As a Swede with many prejudices about Norwegians, I always laugh when I see these people doing push-ups and burpees right next to the office building at a time in the morning when I’m proud I came in to work before 8am.
- Morning swims. Well… Having to go against what I just wrote, the one thing I’ll actually do early and before work is to swim. Therefore we started a morning swim group with the ambition to swim at least one morning every month throughout the year, and this is one of the slightly fewer times we followed through.
- Travelling to our office in India… Had the incredible luck to work on a strategy project that took me all the way to our office and our wonderful colleagues in New Delhi. This is me in the office and the view from the office.
- … and to Brazil. Same project; just as wonderful colleagues. This is me with a bunch of the female colleagues in our office in Florianopolis, celebrating one of our colleagues who was going to get married.
- My balcony in Amsterdam. I had 1000 good moments sitting on this balcony and looking out over the rooftops, contemplating about life and of course, about energy.
- Swedish meatballs lunch! On my last Friday in the Amsterdam office stocked up on meatballs from IKEA I cooked lunch for the whole office, which was much appreciated as you can see! It also resulted in my apartment and the office smelling like IKEA for a while.
- “We should all be rock stars”. This is the life motto of Cihan. And here he is living out the dream in one of our legendary trainee team-buildings.
- The intro trip. Jessica, Sascha and Cihan trying to optimize production at one of our Norwegian hydropower plants during the yearly introduction trip for all new Statkraft employees.
- And finally, without question the top moment (literally). Me on one of our wind turbines in Statkraft’s wind power plant at Smøla in Norway. No explanation needed. Thank you Statkraft.